You’ve been served
There should be an award for handing out awards and TripAdvisor should win. The travel website of 150 million traveller reviews has a Traveller’s Choice Award for everything: destinations, islands, beaches, top hotels, bargain hotels, small hotels, B&B and inns, and on and on. They also have one for hotels with exceptional service. Abigail's Hotel in Victoria, BC is the winner in Canada for 2014; Riad Kheirredine in Marrakech, Morocco is the winner worldwide. The seven-room hotel welcomes guests with mint tea and pastries, and gives them bottles of water every time they leave. They also get cell phones to call the staff for help if they get lost. The top 10 worldwide follow.
1. Riad Kheirredine, Marrakech, Morocco
2. Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort, Hopkins, Belize
3. Akademie Street Boutique Hotel and Guesthouse, Franschhoek, South Africa
4. Riad Noir d’Ivoire, Marrakech, Morocco
5. Hotel Residence Agnes, Prague, Czech Republic
6. Castlewood House, Dingle, Ireland
7. The Dairy Private Luxury Hotel, Queenstown, New Zealand
8. Desert Riviera Hotel, Palm Springs, CA
9. La Maison Arabe, Marrakech, Morocco
10. Hotel Villa Steno, Monterosso al Mare, Italy
This article was accurate when it was published. Please confirm rates and details directly with the companies in question.